At Tone, we employ a direct-care model in an effort to bring care back to healthcare. We wholly believe in the doctor-patient relationship and have created a simple, approachable alternative to traditional insurance-based medicine. We pride ourselves on spending time to get to know our patients and their families, providing education and resources, and advocating for their health. Innovated and personalized treatment plans that incorporate wellness, nutrition, and preventative medicine are the core of our practice.
With direct-care at Tone, you’ll get upfront, transparent pricing on all of our care offerings, and the absolute best care. That means you will never receive a hidden bill after your visit or have to worry about confusing fees. Our reservations range between $125 and $250, intentionally priced accessibly and considerably lower than the national average cost of a comparable dermatology visit.
We are a proud physician-owned, independent practice that emphasizes quality over quantity. We are uniquely not bound by insurance carriers or hospital administrators who may not have your best interest in mind. We simply want to provide for people from all communities and all walks of life equally.
We are also proud to offer pro-bono assistance to those in need on a case-by-case basis and proudly partner with community organizations to provide charitable gifts & services to those in need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I still use my insurance? Tone accepts HSA and FSA in addition to all major credit cards. If you have a physical card you can book directly online through our website. During your visit the doctor may prescribe medications or recommend labs. You are encouraged to use your insurance to cover these. Under our model, we work one-on-one with patients to find the most affordable medication options for them.
- Can I get reimbursed for the visit fees? Upon request, Tone can provide a Superbill (a comprehensive receipt of your services). You can submit this to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. Every insurance plan varies so we cannot predict if or how much will be reimbursed.
- How much time do I have with the doctor? In a traditional insurance-based system, patients have on average 5-15 minutes of face-face time with their doctor. Under Tone’s direct care model, we believe in utilizing the time that is necessary to answer your questions. Most visits are between 25-35 minutes.
- Is there a long wait time in the office? We strive to be as efficient as possible. At Tone we not only spend more time with patients but we have created a system to avoid long wait times in the office.
- How do I book? We have made it easy and convenient to book online because we know that you’re busy and you have things to do other than waiting on hold on the phone. Visit our easy to navigate book now page.
- How much does a visit cost? Most visits are priced between $75 and $175. New dermatology visits and new cosmetic consultations are $175, while new hair loss visits are $175-$250. Most follow up visits are priced between $25 and $50 less than a new patient visit. We offer a full range of aesthetic procedures which are priced based on the service (if you have specific questions about these costs please email firstname.lastname@example.org). After your initial visit, there are no visit fees if a procedure is being performed the same day.
- Do you sell skin care? We offer a highly curated complete portfolio of medical grade skin care. For those who are unsure where to start, we also offer skin care coaching and curation to help you craft your skin care routine.