Hyperpigmentation Treatment in Chicago
Are you suffering from stubborn dark spots on your face or body? Have you tried countless lightening over-the-counter products, but they don’t seem to help?
If you are struggling with hyperpigmentation, know that you are not alone. At Tone Dermatology, we often see patients looking for more effective hyperpigmentation treatments in Chicago. Fortunately, with our professional products and procedures, most of them see significant improvements in a matter of weeks.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
The medical term “hyperpigmentation” simply stands for the dark spots on the skin. These spots occur because of excessive melanin production, which, in turn, can be caused by a variety of factors.
The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Some inflammatory skin conditions, such as eczema or acne, can leave behind darkened patches of skin that tend to lighten naturally over the course of several months.
- Melasma or “mask of pregnancy”. As evident from the name, these large patches of darkened skin commonly occur during pregnancy or in women who take birth control pills. While melasma often fades over time, professional treatments are required to achieve optimal results.
- Age spots, also known as “liver,” spots. These tan, brown, or black spots appear on the face and other exposed areas of the body because of extended sun exposure. This type of hyperpigmentation also requires professional treatment to be minimized.
At Tone Dermatology, we offer a variety of spot treatments for dark spots. Some of the most effective hyperpigmentation treatments include:
- Professional skin care products
- Prescription-strength topical medications containing tretinoin or hydroquinone
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatments
If you notice unattractive dark spots on your face or body, know that you don’t have to live with them! At Tone Dermatology, we can find the right hyperpigmentation treatment for your skin type and condition, so that you can rediscover your brighter, more youthful skin. Book your consultation.